Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Avitzur, Aharon" <ah...@sap.com> on 2008/09/09 13:28:27 UTC

table structure best practice

Hi,
I wonder if there are some guidelines/best practices how to structure
the data in Hbase
1. Table per document type or one table for all document types?
2. Complete document in one column family or one column family for each
document attribute?
What are the pros and cons of each alternative?
Thanks,
Aharon

Re: table structure best practice

Posted by Billy Pearson <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com>.
If there all related to the app I would stick them all in once table just
use different columns for each type of doc

Billy

"Avitzur, Aharon" <ah...@sap.com> wrote in
message