Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Cheng Tan <ct...@confluent.io> on 2020/10/20 04:15:47 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-679 Producer will enable the strongest delivery guarantee by default

Hi all,

I’m proposing a new KIP for enabling the strongest delivery guarantee by default. Today Kafka support EOS and N-1 concurrent failure tolerance but the default settings haven’t bring them out of the box. The proposal is discussing the best approach to change the producer defaults to `ack=all` and `enable.idempotence=true`. Please join the discussion here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-679%3A+Producer+will+enable+the+strongest+delivery+guarantee+by+default <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-679:+Producer+will+enable+the+strongest+delivery+guarantee+by+default>

Thanks

- Cheng Tan

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-679 Producer will enable the strongest delivery guarantee by default

Posted by Cheng Tan <ct...@confluent.io>.
I made the following changes since I sent out the last discussion message:

1. Rename org.apache.kafka.server.authorizer.Authorizer#authorizeAny to org.apache.kafka.server.authorizer.Authorizer#authorizeByResourceType
2. Optimized the interface default of org.apache.kafka.server.authorizer.Authorizer#authorizeAny, now it’s not coupled with org.apache.kafka.server.authorizer.Authorizer#authorize any more and having a better performance.

Please feel free to comment and leave any thoughts. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

Best, - Cheng