Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2003/01/08 00:10:58 UTC

quicky: SWT & (mounted) subsitemaps

Hi folks,

am I correct to assume there is still an issue with Source resolving,
which gets manifested when one uses the SWT in a subsitemap?

I get

<source:write src="" action="none" result="failed"
xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0"
xmlns:source="http://apache.org/cocoon/source/1.0">The src attribute
could not be resolved and failed to cancel</source:write>

and read http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=103990601500001&r=1&w=2

I infer that context:// is a no-go, but file: doesn't do much neither.

Using 2.0.4.

Thanks,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: quicky: SWT & (mounted) subsitemaps

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Fixed in both branches. In 2.0.4, you need to modify cocoon.xconf :
> - remove url-factory 'context'
> - add source-handler : <protocol
> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.source.ContextSourceFactory"
> name="context"/>

I'll check it out ASAP (before tomorrow). Thanks!

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: quicky: SWT & (mounted) subsitemaps

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Steven Noels wrote:

<snip/>

>> and read http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=103990601500001&r=1&w=2
>
> Yeah, I assigned myself this bug and have to fix it ASAP. But so many
> things to do ASAP...

Fixed in both branches. In 2.0.4, you need to modify cocoon.xconf :
- remove url-factory 'context'
- add source-handler : <protocol
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.source.ContextSourceFactory"
name="context"/>

Sylvain

Re: quicky: SWT & (mounted) subsitemaps

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Steven Noels wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>>> <source:write src="" action="none" result="failed"
>>> xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0"
>>> xmlns:source="http://apache.org/cocoon/source/1.0">The src attribute
>>> could not be resolved and failed to cancel</source:write>
>>
>> The 'src' attribute above is empty. Can't this be the reason ?
>
> Well, I'm a bit confused: there is a src attribute on the source:write
> element, but only in the status report apparently, and a source:source
> element which content should list the filename according to
> http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/transformers/sourcewriting-transformer.html:
>

>  <page>
>    <source:write xmlns:source="http://apache.org/cocoon/source/1.0">
>      <source:source>context://doc/editable/my.xml</source:source>
>      <source:fragment><page>
>        <title>Hello World</title>
>        <content>
>        </content>
>      </page></source:fragment>
>    </source:write>
>  </page>
>
> I can fix the release branch doco if I find out what the problem is ;)

The problem is context:// which resolves to a non-WriteableSource even
if it's a file.

I'll try to fix this today in the 2.0.5 branch.

Sylvain

Re: quicky: SWT & (mounted) subsitemaps

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

<snip/>

> A bunch of people have reported recently that context:// does not
> work  as a <source:source>. TBH I do not remember testing it before
> that went  into the docs .... I just assumed it would work, naughty me!

I just fixed it and it does work now ;-)

Sylvain

Re: quicky: SWT & (mounted) subsitemaps

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> On Wednesday, Jan 8, 2003, at 08:48 Europe/London, Steven Noels wrote:
>
>> Well, I'm a bit confused: there is a src attribute on the
>> source:write  element, but only in the status report apparently, and a
>> source:source  element which content should list the filename
>> according to
>> http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/transformers/sourcewriting-
>> transformer.html:
>>

> I think what is going on is this .... (this is completely off the top
> of my head ...)
>
> You should supply the <source:source> parameter, with your source
> specification in it.

I do:

<xsl:template match="profile">
   <source:write xmlns:source="http://apache.org/cocoon/source/1.0"
create="true">
     <source:source>gump-profile.xml</source:source>
     <source:fragment>
     	<profile xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0">
         <xsl:apply-templates select="*"/>
       </profile>
     </source:fragment>
   </source:write>
</xsl:template>

and

<map:match pattern="gump-store">
   <map:generate src="cocoon:/gump-cincluded"/>
   <map:transform type="write-source"/>
   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

> When SWT has done it's job, it reports the SystemId of the written-to
> source in the <source:src> parameter.

No luck :(

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<source:write src="" action="none" result="failed"
xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0"
xmlns:source="http://apache.org/cocoon/source/1.0">The src attribute
could not be resolved and failed to cancel</source:write>

> I think I gave them different names because when I was initially using
> this stuff it was only for files, and the 'source' and 'src' would be
> different strings ....
>
> ie.
>
>     <source:source>blah/my.xml</source:source>
>
>     <source:src>file://Users/Shared/TomCat/webapps/cocoon/blah/my.xml</
> source:src>
>
> A bunch of people have reported recently that context:// does not work
> as a <source:source>. TBH I do not remember testing it before that went
> into the docs .... I just assumed it would work, naughty me!

context, file, no scheme: no luck.

Could this be the case because I'm using this from an auto-mounted
subsitemap? Or that I use a file generating pointing to a pipeline using
cocoon: ?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: quicky: SWT & (mounted) subsitemaps

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Steven Noels wrote:

 > Could this be the case because I'm using this from an auto-mounted
 > subsitemap? Or that I use a file generating pointing to a pipeline using
 > cocoon: ?

I checked without cocoon: protocol, no luck either... here's my SWT
input file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<source:write create="true"
xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0"
xmlns:source="http://apache.org/cocoon/source/1.0">
<source:source>gump-profile.xml</source:source>
<source:fragment><profile>
<server name="daedalus.apache.org">
    <site name="xml.apache.org">
      <description>The Apache XML Project</description>
      <docroot>/www/xml.apache.org</docroot>
      <groupid>xml</groupid>
    </site>

    <site name="jakarta.apache.org">
      <description>The Apache Jakarta Project</description>
      <docroot>/www/jakarta.apache.org</docroot>
      <groupid>jakarta</groupid>
    </site>
</server>
<server name="icarus.apache.org">
    <site name="stefans-test">
      <description>Testsite for Stefan</description>
      <docroot>/x1/home/bodewig/public_html/gump</docroot>
      <groupid>jakarta</groupid>
    </site>
</server>
</profile>
</source:fragment>
</source:write>

Using 2.0.5 as provided by Sylvain.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: quicky: SWT & (mounted) subsitemaps

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On Wednesday, Jan 8, 2003, at 12:03 Europe/London, Steven Noels wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, Jan 8, 2003, at 08:48 Europe/London, Steven Noels wrote:
>>> Well, I'm a bit confused: there is a src attribute on the
>>> source:write  element, but only in the status report apparently, and
>>> a source:source  element which content should list the filename
>>> according to
>>> http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/transformers/sourcewriting-
>>> transformer.html:
>>>
>> I think what is going on is this .... (this is completely off the top
>>  of my head ...)
>> You should supply the <source:source> parameter, with your source
>> specification in it.
>
> I do:
>
> <xsl:template match="profile">
>    <source:write xmlns:source="http://apache.org/cocoon/source/1.0"
> create="true">
>      <source:source>gump-profile.xml</source:source>
>      <source:fragment>
>      	<profile xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0">
>          <xsl:apply-templates select="*"/>
>        </profile>
>      </source:fragment>
>    </source:write>
> </xsl:template>
>
> and
>
> <map:match pattern="gump-store">
>    <map:generate src="cocoon:/gump-cincluded"/>
>    <map:transform type="write-source"/>
>    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> </map:match>
>
>> When SWT has done it's job, it reports the SystemId of the written-to
>>  source in the <source:src> parameter.
>
> No luck :(
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <source:write src="" action="none" result="failed"
> xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0"
> xmlns:source="http://apache.org/cocoon/source/1.0">The src attribute
> could not be resolved and failed to cancel</source:write>
>
>> I think I gave them different names because when I was initially
>> using  this stuff it was only for files, and the 'source' and 'src'
>> would be  different strings ....
>> ie.
>>     <source:source>blah/my.xml</source:source>
>>
>> <source:src>file://Users/Shared/TomCat/webapps/cocoon/blah/my.xml</
>> source:src>
>> A bunch of people have reported recently that context:// does not
>> work  as a <source:source>. TBH I do not remember testing it before
>> that went  into the docs .... I just assumed it would work, naughty
>> me!
>
> context, file, no scheme: no luck.
>
> Could this be the case because I'm using this from an auto-mounted
> subsitemap?

I don't think so .... I first used this stuff in the slash-edit demo,
whereby a sub-sitemap edits in the parent sitemaps context.

> Or that I use a file generating pointing to a pipeline using
> cocoon: ?

like this you mean?

> <map:generate src="cocoon:/gump-cincluded"/>

this /could/ be the problem, I have never tried this.

Sylvain? Carsten? We do not have a writeable cocoon protocol do we?
This is being discussed ATM right? Or am I confused?

regards Jeremy

Re: quicky: SWT & (mounted) subsitemaps

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> On Wednesday, Jan 8, 2003, at 08:48 Europe/London, Steven Noels wrote:
>
>> Well, I'm a bit confused: there is a src attribute on the
>> source:write  element, but only in the status report apparently, and a
>> source:source  element which content should list the filename
>> according to
>> http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/transformers/sourcewriting-
>> transformer.html:
>>

> I think what is going on is this .... (this is completely off the top
> of my head ...)
>
> You should supply the <source:source> parameter, with your source
> specification in it.

I do:

<xsl:template match="profile">

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org