Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Lee S <sl...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/21 03:42:55 UTC

sqoop 1.4.4 hive import error

Hi all:
  I try to import data from mysql to hive in another computer not on the
same cluster where hive installed.
  And I programmed with java to submit sqoop job with SqoopOptions and
ImportTool, but encountered an exception as below.
 Data was successfully transferred to hdfs. The job is submitted
successfully,
but loading into hive failed. And I read the code of HiveImport, it seems
find hive in the computer I run the programme not on the clusters, any idea?
or can I set hive_home as a remote uri?

ERROR org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool  - Encountered IOException running
import job: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "hive": error=2, No
such file or directory
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1047)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:617)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:528)
at org.apache.sqoop.util.Executor.exec(Executor.java:76)
at
org.apache.sqoop.hive.HiveImport.executeExternalHiveScript(HiveImport.java:382)
at org.apache.sqoop.hive.HiveImport.executeScript(HiveImport.java:335)
at org.apache.sqoop.hive.HiveImport.importTable(HiveImport.java:239)
at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.importTable(ImportTool.java:425)
at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.run(ImportTool.java:506)
at Sqoop.main(Sqoop.java:22)
at
at
at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:140)

Re: sqoop 1.4.4 hive import error

Posted by 김영우 <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lee,

The box should work as a Hive client. that is, if you are running your
import app on that box, Configuring Hadoop(client) and Hive(client) are
prerequisites.

HTH,
Youngwoo

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 10:40 AM, Lee S <sl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I import into hive through java programming not the sqoop client itself.
>
> And my program is running on another computer not on the same cluster
> where hadoop and hive are installed.
>
> Importing into hdfs is successful but into hive failed.
>
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 4:54 AM, Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Sqoop needs hive/hive libs to execute a hive "LOAD" statement. I'd make
>> sure you hive installed on the same machine Sqoop is running. Also, make
>> sure you've set HIVE_HOME appropriately as well as per:
>> http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.6/SqoopUserGuide.html#_importing_data_into_hive
>> .
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 6:42 PM, Lee S <sl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all:
>>>   I try to import data from mysql to hive in another computer not on the
>>> same cluster where hive installed.
>>>   And I programmed with java to submit sqoop job with SqoopOptions and
>>> ImportTool, but encountered an exception as below.
>>>  Data was successfully transferred to hdfs. The job is submitted
>>> successfully,
>>> but loading into hive failed. And I read the code of HiveImport, it
>>> seems to
>>> find hive in the computer I run the programme not on the clusters, any
>>> idea?
>>> or can I set hive_home as a remote uri?
>>>
>>> ERROR org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool  - Encountered IOException
>>> running import job: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "hive":
>>> error=2, No such file or directory
>>> at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1047)
>>> at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:617)
>>> at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:528)
>>> at org.apache.sqoop.util.Executor.exec(Executor.java:76)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.sqoop.hive.HiveImport.executeExternalHiveScript(HiveImport.java:382)
>>> at org.apache.sqoop.hive.HiveImport.executeScript(HiveImport.java:335)
>>> at org.apache.sqoop.hive.HiveImport.importTable(HiveImport.java:239)
>>> at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.importTable(ImportTool.java:425)
>>> at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.run(ImportTool.java:506)
>>> at Sqoop.main(Sqoop.java:22)
>>> at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

Posted by Lee S <sl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@cloudera.com>.