Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Christopher M. Ryan" <cr...@harmonia.com> on 2013/07/25 15:27:01 UTC

Global Guest Networks

Hi all,

Is there a way to force all users to only have the option to pick from a list of predefined guest networks instead of creating their own? These networks can be shared. We are trying to have 2 networks that a user can create a VM on and are finding it difficult to lock them into predefined networks.

Thank!

Re: Global Guest Networks

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.
For your use case you really don't need a public network it seems.
If you were re-doing your setup, assign the public network to be something
else (VLAN UNUSEDXX, network UNUSED/24), and create a shared network with
the cidr 192.168.0.0/24.
BUT, this might not be advisable since CloudStack will create a DHCP
server on this network. But you probably ALREADY have a DHCP server on
this network which will respond to the CloudStack Vms instead of
CloudStack's own DHCP server.

RE: Global Guest Networks

RE: Global Guest Networks

RE: Global Guest Networks