Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Lou D. Langholtz" <ld...@usi.utah.edu> on 1997/07/02 23:48:59 UTC

patches to 1.2.0 so AccessFileName accepts multiple filenames

I've made patches available for 1.2.0 now to permit AccessFileName to be
specified as a series of filenames searched in-order for the first
match. Any interest in applying these to 1.3? I've asked before when dev
was going on for 1.2 but 1.2 was already in feature freeze. It's not a
lot of code changes but the functionality sure helps where I'm at and
I'd rather not have to keep making patches for each new release. So how
about it this time? Pretty please :-)

The patches and more info are at:
<http://www.eng.utah.edu/~ldl/apache/patches/1.2.0/97070201/>.

Re: patches to 1.2.0 so AccessFileName accepts multiple filenames

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
+1 as well.

At 09:05 PM 7/6/97 -0700, you wrote:
>This makes sense for intranet servers.  +1
>
>Dean
>
>On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Lou D. Langholtz wrote:
>
>> I've made patches available for 1.2.0 now to permit AccessFileName to be
>> specified as a series of filenames searched in-order for the first
>> match. Any interest in applying these to 1.3? I've asked before when dev
>> was going on for 1.2 but 1.2 was already in feature freeze. It's not a
>> lot of code changes but the functionality sure helps where I'm at and
>> I'd rather not have to keep making patches for each new release. So how
>> about it this time? Pretty please :-)
>>
>> The patches and more info are at:
>> <http://www.eng.utah.edu/~ldl/apache/patches/1.2.0/97070201/>.

"Why not?" - TL                brian@organic.com - hyperreal.org -
apache.org

Re: patches to 1.2.0 so AccessFileName accepts multiple filenames

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
At 10:27 PM 7/6/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Note that there is a PR (to which I happen to agree) that says a .htaccess
>file that exists but is unreadable should deny all access.  This is a
>non-backwards compatible change, but I think that is the way things should
>work.  Fixing that involves the same area of code.

+1 on the theory, but *please* put in a very precise error message,
explaining *which* .htaccess file couldn't be read.

	Brian

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Sun, 6 Jul 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> This makes sense for intranet servers.  +1

I can go for the concept, but haven't had a chance to look at the
implementation.

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.