Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Dinesh Kumar Kothari <dk...@ega.ae> on 2016/12/19 12:01:12 UTC

Controlling access Within the repository

Hi,
Once repository is created. Can I grant access to only some of the files present in the repository. I don’t want to grant access to all the files in the repository. Please let me know how can I do this in the SVN.
Thanks and Regards.

Dinesh Kothari
Snr. Proj. Leader - Applications, Production IT
Corporate Services
E  dkothari@ega.ae
D +97148023990
M +971506553875

[cid:imageb74de1.JPG@0dba6d5c.4fbbd54c]
Emirates Global Aluminium
P.O. Box 3627, Dubai
United Arab Emirates

www.ega.ae

________________________________

This is an e-mail from Emirates Global Aluminium PJSC. Its contents are confidential to the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than its intended recipient, nor may it be copied in any way. If received in error please e-mail a reply to the sender and delete it from your system. Although this e-mail has been scanned for viruses, Emirates Global Aluminium cannot ultimately accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any).

Re: Controlling access Within the repository

Posted by Pavel Lyalyakin <pa...@visualsvn.com>.
Hello,

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Dinesh Kumar Kothari <dk...@ega.ae> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Once repository is created. Can I grant access to only some of the files present in the repository. I don’t want to grant access to all the files in the repository. Please let me know how can I do this in the SVN.
>
> Thanks and Regards.

Do you use a self-built Subversion server? On what platform?

Anyway, start with reading the documentation: SVNBook | Path-Based
Authorization[1]. Subversion supports per-file and per-directory
access rules and you should be able to configure the required set of
permissions for your users based on user and group accounts.

[1]: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.8/svn.serverconfig.pathbasedauthz.html

--
With best regards,
Pavel Lyalyakin