Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by csanders <cs...@hoovers.com> on 2008/01/02 14:42:30 UTC

Extension repository ?

Hey all,

I'm looking for an extension to velocity that has something like a
#required('com.foo.MyVelocityController') , wich Velocity would parse,
load and execute this class which would stuff into that templates
VelocityContext.

Does something like this exist ?  Is their a contrib/ list or a
repository for Velocity extensions ?

Thanks!
Charlie

Re: Extension repository ?

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Did you look on the wiki?  There's a contributed code section.

WILL

On Jan 2, 2008 5:42 AM, csanders <cs...@hoovers.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm looking for an extension to velocity that has something like a
> #required('com.foo.MyVelocityController') , wich Velocity would parse,
> load and execute this class which would stuff into that templates
> VelocityContext.
>
> Does something like this exist ?  Is their a contrib/ list or a
> repository for Velocity extensions ?
>
> Thanks!
> Charlie

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
wglass@forio.com
www.forio.com

Re: Extension repository ?

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
You could easily do this with a "tool" (see VelocityTools). They're
usually easier to write than a custom directive, though those are more
intimidating than they are complicated.  With a tool you could then do
something like $context.required('com.foo.MyVelocityController') (yes,
i'm suggesting you extend the ContextTool).  If you're interested in
more details on how to do this, let me know.  I could outline the
steps for you.

Oh, and if you are loading some of the same data for *all* your
templates, VelocityTools can help there too.