Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Co...@sp-ausnet.com.au on 2006/03/23 01:55:31 UTC

multiple Tomcat realm

Hi all,

We are currently using the JNDIRealm in Tomcat to allow user to connect
through LDAP. all users with the userBase attribute OU=Internal can log
in. However, we also have a OU=External, which are unable to get
authenticated. Is there any way we can have multiple Tomcat realm? or any
other suggestions?

userBase="OU=Internal,DC=myURL"

we also need to have another line like

userBase="OU=External,DC=myURL"

We are currently using  tomcat-4.1.31. in our server.xml , below is the
context in the server.xml file:

        <Context path="/Web" docBase="Web" debug="99">

                    <Realm name="MyAuth"
                           className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
                           debug="99"
                           connectionURL="ldap://myURL:444"
                           connectionName="LDAP_RO"
                           connectionPassword="HelloWorld"
                           userBase="OU=Internal,DC=myURL"
                           userSubtree="true"
                           userSearch="(sAMaccountName={0})"
                           roleBase="OU=Global
Groups,OU=Groups,OU=Resources,DC=myURL,"
                           roleName="CN"
                           roleSearch="(member={0})"
                           />

                 </Context>

Thank you for help.

Cheers,
Colin

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential, intended solely for use
by the named addressee and may contain information protected by privilege.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender immediately (by return email to the
sender or by telephone on (613) 1800 02 4778), erase this email and do not disseminate,
distribute or reproduce it.
This email has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses by Mimesweeper.

Re: multiple Tomcat realm

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Colin.Lew@sp-ausnet.com.au wrote:
> Is there any way we can have multiple Tomcat realm? or any
> other suggestions?

Not without writing a custom realm.

Mark