Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> on 2021/02/13 15:37:38 UTC

Open branches report

Hi,

I've just added a new page to the dist-tool that can show us the number of branches per Maven project.[1]
This should give us a better way to see where we should clean up branches.
I've divided them in the following categories:
 - master
- Jira Branches: these start with the matching jira key, e.g. for maven-compiler-plugin these start with MCOMPILER
- dependabot
- rest: these are all other branches.

When cleaning up, we could start with the last category, as these are probably POCs. As these are not bound to a JIRA key, it is hard to determine its purpose, hence a candidate to be removed.

This is an attempt to reduce the number of branches, in order to not overload Jenkins with new jobs in case a shared project is triggered.

thanks,
Robert

[1] https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Maven/job/dist-tool-plugin/job/master/site/dist-tool-branches.html

Re: Open branches report