Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2012/06/22 01:12:50 UTC

0.8 planning

Now that 0.7 is out, what do people think should go into 0.8?

I'd like to see Ted's Streaming K-Means for starters, but feel we should continue to trim down as well.

Thoughts?

-Grant

Re: 0.8 planning

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
What about a quick code clean-up sweep? It's the perfect time because
there are a minimum of existing uncommitted patches.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: 0.8 planning

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Re: 0.8 planning

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:
> Now that 0.7 is out, what do people think should go into 0.8?
>
> I'd like to see Ted's Streaming K-Means for starters, but feel we should continue to trim down as well.
>
> Thoughts?

Question: how are you guys approaching releases in general? Are they mostly
date driven? Feature driven?

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: 0.8 planning

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
This release was considered cleanup, though I do see the number of
JIRAs at an all-time high. I think the focus must still be closing
them (whether by fixing or deciding to not-fix). These are the
'voices' of users and I don't quite feel right focusing on anything
else if it's still piling up.