Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Graeme Walker <gr...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/11 14:27:55 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_deflate only working for SSL Virtual Host

Hi,

I have a strange problem with mod_deflate. I have it configured apache with
two Port 80 Virtual Hosts and a Port 443 one.

For some bizarre reason the SSL one is logging as deflating correctly but
the two Port 80's are logging but showing that it is not deflating.

Any help would be most appreciated

My Config is:

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName thumbnails.<domain>:80
  ServerSignature On
  DocumentRoot "D:/Website_Dev/cImages/tn"
     <Directory "D:/Website_Dev/cImages/tn">
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </Directory>
  <Location />
        SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
        AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml
image/jpg image/jpeg image/gif image/png application/xml
application/xhtml+xml
    </Location>
  DeflateFilterNote Input instream
    DeflateFilterNote Output outstream
    DeflateFilterNote Ratio ratio
    DeflateCompressionLevel 9
    LogFormat '%t %r %{outstream}n/%{instream}n (%{ratio}n%%)' deflate
    CustomLog logs/deflate_thumbnails.log deflate
    LogLevel Debug
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName www.<domain>:80
  ServerSignature On
  DocumentRoot "D:/Website_Dev/cImages/cimage"
     <Directory "D:/Website_Dev/cImages/cimage">
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </Directory>
  <Location />
        SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
        AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml
image/jpg image/jpeg image/gif image/png application/xml
application/xhtml+xml
    </Location>
  DeflateFilterNote Input instream
    DeflateFilterNote Output outstream
    DeflateFilterNote Ratio ratio
    DeflateCompressionLevel 9
    LogFormat '%t %r %{outstream}n/%{instream}n (%{ratio}n%%)' deflate
    CustomLog logs/deflate_main.log deflate
    LogLevel Debug
</VirtualHost>

*** SSL Config ***

NameVirtualHost *:443

<VirtualHost *:443>

DocumentRoot "D:/Website_Dev/cImages/cimage"
ServerName login.<domain>:443
ServerAdmin you@example.com
SSLEngine on
SSLProtocol -all +SSLv2 +SSLv3
SSLCipherSuite DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+SSLv2:+eNULL
SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl.key/server.key
<Location />
SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml image/jpg
image/jpeg image/gif image/png application/xml application/xhtml+xml
</Location>
<FilesMatch "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php)$">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</FilesMatch>
<Directory "D:/Website_Dev/cImages/cimage">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Directory>
BrowserMatch ".*MSIE.*" \
         nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
         downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
</VirtualHost>

Re: [users@httpd] mod_deflate only working for SSL Virtual Host

Posted by Graeme Walker <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Joshua, I'll give that a try. Its totally bizarre that it works 100%
of the time over the HTTPS connection.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.