Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Zhe Liu <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/03 03:25:32 UTC

Which site should I add QA homepage into?

Hi all,
QA homepage is out of date and confusing. I plan to update it.
Currently, we have two sites. Which site should I add QA homepage
into?
http://www.openoffice.org/
or
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/
The two sites and two WIKIs make me very confusing.

--
Best Regards

Re: Which site should I add QA homepage into?

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Zhe Liu <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/7/3 Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>:
>> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 9:25 PM, Zhe Liu <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> QA homepage is out of date and confusing. I plan to update it.
>>> Currently, we have two sites. Which site should I add QA homepage
>>> into?
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/
>>> or
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/
>>> The two sites and two WIKIs make me very confusing.
>>>

>> The old OpenOffice.org project had only one website.  Everything was
>> there, for users and for project members.
>>
>> At Apache we need to have an apache.org address as well.
>>
>> In some cases we've tried to make sense of this like this:
>>
>> 1) Use openoffice.org website for user-facing content, about the
>> product and how to use it.
>>
>> 2) Use the incubator.apache.org website for project-facing content,
>> about the AOO project and how to work within it.
>>
>> So maybe add a new QA page here, under "Development":
>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/
>>
>> And from there you can give a basic intro.  If there are other pages
>> you want to link to, on openoffice.org, then that is fine as well.
>
> Got it. Thanks.

Oh,  I need to mention something about the structure of that website.
To add a new sidebar link you need to edit:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/site/trunk/templates/sidenav.mdtext

So maybe the destination for the new page is /openofficeorg/qa.html

Then you can add a new qa.mdtext here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/site/trunk/content/openofficeorg/

(If you have several files to add, then you might create a qa
subdirectory instead.)

-Rob

Posted by Ji Yan <ya...@gmail.com>.
I agree with Rob, we should put our QA site into Apache server[1] and add
link in old ooo[2] site to the new home

[1]http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/
[2]http://www.openoffice.org/qa/

--

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

Re: Which site should I add QA homepage into?

Posted by Zhe Liu <al...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.