Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Ivan Junckes Filho <iv...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/23 18:50:53 UTC

Write tests geronimo

Hello guys, I did a change on Geronimo Metrics.
https://github.com/apache/geronimo-metrics/pull/2

geronimo-metrics, as you are aware, is a library used in TomEE.

I am wondering how can I write a test for my change. Writing a test in
TomEE for this is very simple, but writing a test in geronimo I don't know
how to do it.

Basically what I need it to have an app, deploy it with a resource, call an
endpoint annotated with @Gauge and check if the gauge metric works.

https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/213 (This does it in the TomEE side)

I see some references to Meecrowave in the project as well, not sure how
some tests use Meecrowave and if that is a pattern we should use there.

The TCK for MicroProfile Metrics is on TomEE, so the other question is if
we should just rely on the TCK or if we should not.

Thanks.

Re: Write tests geronimo

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ivan

TCK are in geronimo and they use arquillian, tomee just reapplies them to
check the packaging does not break anything and its classloading is fine as
well so you can write tests the same.

Re: Write tests geronimo

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ivan