Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Phil Harvey <ph...@philharveyonline.com> on 2013/05/11 09:43:32 UTC

Re: Java broker network

Hi Anu,

I've moved this conversation to the users list because I think that's a
better place for it.

Could you expand on your question please - I'm not sure what you mean by
"Java broker network".

If you're referring to a federated group of interconnected brokers, this
isn't currently supported by the Java broker, though I believe you can do
it with the C++ broker. Active-passive clustering is supported by the Java
broker, but I suspect that is not what you're looking for.

If you expand on your requirements we can advise on the best way to achieve
it (either with the Java or C++ broker).

Phil

Re: Java broker network

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 05/15/2013 07:27 AM, Phil Harvey wrote:
> There's nothing built in that would allow you to automatically route
> messages between Java Brokers (and I don't know enough about the c++ Broker
> to say whether it would meet your requirements).
 >
> On 14 May 2013 03:26, "Gihan Anuruddha" <wg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Basically my requirement is I want to setup couple of pub-sub java brokers
>> that act like a group. So I want to subscribe for a topic under particular
>> broker(broker A) and if that publisher published the message to any other
>> broker(broker A or B or C ...) within that group it should be route to that
>> relevant broker (broker A).

The c++ broker can be setup to do topic federation like this. (You would
create an exchange to handle the topic on each of the brokers the using
the qpid-route command do: qpid-route dynamic add BrokerA BrokerB
<exchange-name> and the reverse direction: qpid-route dynamic add
BrokerB BrokerA <exchange-name>).

Re: Java broker network

Posted by Phil Harvey <ph...@philharveyonline.com>.
Hi Anu,

There's nothing built in that would allow you to automatically route
messages between Java Brokers (and I don't know enough about the c++ Broker
to say whether it would meet your requirements). Our users tend to write
simple bridging programs to achieve this, which just use JMS consumers and
publishers to do the routing.

May I ask why you want to use multiple brokers, eg is it to share load or
for some other reason?