Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Satya Deep Maheshwari <co...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/20 13:56:53 UTC

Compilation issue in launchpad/base

Hi

While compiling launchpad/base, I am getting the following compilation
error:

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] /home/satyadeep/git/
github.com/sling/launchpad/base/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/launchpad/base/webapp/SlingHttpSessionListenerDelegate.java:[41,27]
cannot access javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionIdListener
  class file for javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionIdListener not found
[INFO] 1 error

This error gets resolved if I fix the servlet-api version in pom from 3.0.1
to 3.1.0 . And this change seems valid as well because
javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionIdListener is available since Servlet 3.1
only. I wonder if others are facing this problem and if not, why?

Regards
Satya Deep

Re: Compilation issue in launchpad/base

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Am 21.08.15 um 08:42 schrieb Satya Deep Maheshwari:
> Yes and that may well be the case with many others. Probably you can try
> deleting .m2/repository/javax/servlet/javax.servlet-api/3.0.1 so that its
> re-fetched. The cached one may be having the missing class even though the
> Api spec says that this class got added in 3.1.0 .

No that doesn't seem to be the problem - the 3.0.1 version is correct
and does not have the class.
Maybe it's a difference in the maven version which pulls in artifacts
differently? Or my maven version does not correcly respect the
"provided" scope for some artifacts.

In any case, updating to 3.1 is the right thing anyway as the http
whiteboard service requires it.

Regards
Carsten
--