Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jered Myers <je...@maplewoodsoftware.com> on 2011/08/12 22:05:17 UTC

Label tag wicket:for question

I am using a label tag with wicket:for (Wicket 1.4.18) and the text of
the label is not replacing as I expect.

I am using a label tag in my HTML like so:

<label wicket:for="firstName">
</label>
<input type="text" wicket:id="firstName" />

In my Java code:

RequiredTextField<?> firstName = new RequiredTextField<String>("firstName")
firstName.setOutputMarkupId(true));
firstName.setLabel(new Model<String>("Yo!"); // TODO This should come
from a properties file
add(firstName);

When the page renders, the text for the label tag is "Name" and I expect
it to be "Yo!".  The error message works and shows "Field 'Yo!' is
required".  Am I understanding the use of the label tag correctly?

Jered

Re: Label tag wicket:for question

Posted by Jered Myers <je...@maplewoodsoftware.com>.
Thanks that worked perfectly!