Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ky...@transplace.com on 2005/02/16 22:34:01 UTC

can I delete a bayes token?

We have a script that does some unattended spam learning from a designated
spam box that our users report spam to.  I ran a dump on the bayes db and I
noticed some tokens that shouldn't be ranked so highly, so I started
watching the spam box and it seems that some users got "confused" and
reported ham as spam and so spamassassin has learned these tokens
incorrectly...  Is there any way to just delete these incorrect tokens and
leave the others?  I don't have any of the old mail to run through with the
--forget option...

any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kyle Reynolds
972-731-4731
KyleReynolds@Transplace.com

Re: can I delete a bayes token?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 04:34 PM 2/16/2005, KyleReynolds@transplace.com wrote:
>We have a script that does some unattended spam learning from a designated
>spam box that our users report spam to.  I ran a dump on the bayes db and I
>noticed some tokens that shouldn't be ranked so highly, so I started
>watching the spam box and it seems that some users got "confused" and
>reported ham as spam and so spamassassin has learned these tokens
>incorrectly...  Is there any way to just delete these incorrect tokens and
>leave the others?

Not easily.. You'd have to dump the whole db as text, edit it, and then
reload it.

A bit easier would be to re-train the mis-learned messages as the correct
type. SA will recognize that the message was previously mis-learned and
compensate appropriately.