Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2004/02/11 21:45:16 UTC

Re: I'm missing code and SVN drives me nuts

Re: I'm missing code and SVN drives me nuts

Posted by "Malte S. Stretz" <ms...@gmx.net>.
On Wednesday 11 February 2004 21:45 CET Justin Mason wrote:
> Malte S. Stretz writes:
> >I'm currently trying to apply my patch from bug 2536 and it seems like
> > some code which was fixed by that one is gone. I'm talking about hunk
> > #1 and #4. Just look for those (messy) routines get_user_from_address()
> > and fill_qmailu_cache().
> >
> >What happened to them? Were they probably dropped because a CLA wasn't
> >submitted?
>
> Yes.  They're in the "asfpurgatory" module, in  vpopmail.diff, but
> we have no CLA for that code, so it's gone :(

Hm, my code is a complete rewrite of that stuff, but it was definitely not a
clean-room one.

If anybody told me what it did I could reimplement it again; when I
refactored it, all I did was keeping the functionality it provided but
didn't really know what the called commands return :)

Is this functionality needed/wanted? (I think so because I heard at least
five complaints about the qmail code within the last four months.)

I'll adapt the fixes which still apply this weekend, for the rest we've
gotta see...

Cheers,
Malte

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>