Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Hemant Malik <he...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/11 15:04:12 UTC

Continuum not able to handle the parent-child hierarchy

Hi,
I am using Continuum 1.1 deployed on tomcat 5.5. The problem I am facing is
that Continuum after checking out is not able to handle the parent-child
relationships in the project structure.

For instance if there is a Maven Project R1 which has a child R2 ( inside
the pom of R1 i have mentioned about R2 in <dependencyManagement> tag and
<module> tag. And in R2's pom i have mentioned about R1 in the <parent> tag,
but the problem is when I select R1 and R2 for building, R2 fails, telling
that not able to download R1 from any repository.
When I give only R1 for build it doesn't take R2 on its own for building
like *mvn install* command takes on its own from command line.

It would be really great if someone can guide on the same.

Thanking in anticipation.

Regards,
Hemant Malik

Re: Continuum not able to handle the parent-child hierarchy

Posted by Hemant Malik <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Thanks Emmanuel, I got over that problem , actually while adding the Maven
2.x project in continuum I was not checking the check box for ( load project
with sub modules only as root recursively). After I checked it the continuum
is building fine.

Thanks and regards,
Hemant Malik

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.