Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Ca...@dictaphone.com on 2003/02/24 19:03:45 UTC

Problem with Classpath or with 2.4.1 extensions?

Hi,

I am having some problems using a javascript extension function. To test
whether I am doing everything right, I tried the sample using javascript.
But that didn't work. I thought that it was a classpath problem but I
checked the documentation and I believe that I have all the necessary jars
in the classpath. Sorry if this is too obvious but I am stumped.

Here is my commandline (reformatted for easier reading). Am I missing
anything obvious? I am using Xalan 2.4.1 .

>java -cp
c:\xalan\xalan-j_2_4_1\bin\xercesImpl.jar;
c:\xalan\xalan-j_2_4_1\bin\xalan.jar;
c:\xalan\xalan-j_2_4_1\bin\xml-apis.jar;
c:\xalan\xalan-j_2_4_1\bin\bsf.jar;
c:\xalan\rhino1_5R4\js.jar
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process
-IN c:\xalan\xalan-j_2_4_1\samples\extensions\2-basicJscript.xml
-XSL c:\xalan\xalan-j_2_4_1\samples\extensions\2-basicJscript.xsl

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org/apache/xml/dtm/ref/IncrementalSAXSource_Xerces
        at
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault.getDTM(DTMManagerDefault.java:269)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:630)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:1088)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:1066)
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.main(Process.java:865)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

file:///c:/xalan/xalan-j_2_4_1/samples/extensions/2-basicJscript.xsl; Line
33; Column 42; javax.xml.transf
orm.TransformerException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ext2
enquiry and will

(Location of error unknown)XSLT Error
(javax.xml.transform.TransformerException):
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: For e
xtension function, could not find method java.lang.String.getdate
([ExpressionContext,] ).

thanks,

Cam F.
Dictaphone

Re: Problem with Classpath or with 2.4.1 extensions?

Posted by Cyril Bouteille <cb...@hotwire.com>.
Cam,

Are you running j2se 1.4?
If so, you may want to add the -Xbootclasspath java command line option
to prepend the 2.4.1 xalan.jar, xercesImpl.jar, and xml-apis.jar to the
boot class path and override the version embedded in the jdk.

See http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#faq-N100C3 for more info.

--
Cyril Bouteille
Enterprise Java Architect

Take the Hotwire Travel Challenge(sm)!
Check a Hotwire Hot-Fare(sm) at www.hotwire.com <http://www.hotwire.com>
This e-mail message contains information that is confidential, may be
protected by the attorney/client or other applicable privileges, and may
constitute non-public information. It is intended to be conveyed only to
the designated recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient of
this message, please notify the sender at 415-343-8405. Unauthorized use
dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

Re: Problem with Classpath or with 2.4.1 extensions?

Posted by kl...@attbi.com.
Are you using JDK 1.4.x? Have you used the
"endorsed" directory to override the default,
older, version of Xalan that 1.4 uses?

When I was having "class not found" errors it
was due to this.

Kevin McCarthy