Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Yi Wang (王益)" <wy...@google.com> on 2008/05/03 10:02:22 UTC

multi-outputs and join-input

It seems org.apache.hadoop.mapred.join implements the function of
joined-inputs. I am wondering whether Hadoop allows Mapper outputs to
multiple output channels?

Many thanks.

Yi Wang

Re: multi-outputs and join-input

Posted by Yi-Kai Tsai <yi...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi

Are you talking about multiple reducer (different functionality?)
maybe you could check this
http://www.mail-archive.com/core-user@hadoop.apache.org/msg01867.html

--
Yi-Kai Tsai (cuma) <yi...@yahoo-inc.com>

Re: multi-outputs and join-input

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ar...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Yi,

On May 3, 2008, at 1:02 AM, Yi Wang (王益) wrote:

> It seems org.apache.hadoop.mapred.join implements the function of
> joined-inputs. I am wondering whether Hadoop allows Mapper outputs to
> multiple output channels?

There is a MultipleOutputCollector being currently worked on:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-3149

You can implement something similar for yourself if you need it
urgently.

Arun