Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2012/12/01 14:58:04 UTC

In other news, some progress on our move to git...

As you may be aware, infra are currently moving our code from svn to git.
This is why our svn is currently read-only.

The initial stage of this is to copy the code as a read-only repo on
git.apache.org.  This took rather a long time, but (after 24+ hours) has
completed.  My understanding is that this will continue to be maintained as
a read-only copy.

So, although this isn't the final URL for committers, anyone should be able
to grab a copy of Isis, eg:

git clone http://git.apache.org/isis.git isis-git-readonly

When I tried this, the first two times I got errors that I think were
network related.  My third attempt succeeded.  If anyone would like to try
this also, I'd interested in knowing how you get on.

~~~

Infra still haven't finished.  They next need to create a read/write copy
(for committers) on git-wip-us.apache.org (you can see the current list of
such repos here [1]).  And, there will also be a clone of Isis on github
(there is something there already, but it is incomplete, don't know why
[2]).

Thanks
Dan

[1] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/