Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Karagkiaouris Diamantis <di...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/07 19:49:49 UTC

Multiple local repositories

Hello,

I would like to ask if it is possible to have multiple local maven
repositories and if it can be set as a parameter in a maven profile.

Thank you
--

Karagkiaouris G. Diamantis,

Junior Java EE Software Engineer,

www.eurodyn.com

Re: Multiple local repositories

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
On 5/7/16 10:08 PM, Karagkiaouris Diamantis wrote:
> Yes. Exactly but is it possible to pass a variable from
> <profile></profile> tag during the build in order to have different
> local caches?

No..the localRepository can not be part of a profile.

But you can use the following:

mvn -Dmaven.repo.local=$HOME/.my/other/repository

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Posted by Karagkiaouris Diamantis <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

On 5/7/16 9:49 PM, Karagkiaouris Diamantis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask if it is possible to have multiple local maven
> repositories and if it can be set as a parameter in a maven profile.

Can you explain what you exactly mean.

Do you mean having a different local caches for different purposes ?

Runinng one build with cache at $HOME/.m2/repository and running a
second build with cache at $HOME/.m2/repository-run-two

The location of the local cache can be configured via the
[settings.xml][1] file like this:

<settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0"
   xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0
                       https://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd">
   <localRepository>${user.home}/.m2/repository</localRepository>

This snippet above shows the default...to change it for your own
purposes you need to change localRepositoy entry...

But usually i can't recommend that, only if you exactyl what you are
doing...

[1]: https://maven.apache.org/settings.html

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: Multiple local repositories

Posted by ec...@zusammenkunft.net.
Hello,

 you can configure local repositories with file: URLs configured in profiles.

https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-multiple-repositories.html

It is not possible to have the local repository cache in a profile, but you can use different settings.xml files with the -s option.

https://maven.apache.org/ref/3.3.9/maven-settings/settings.html

I typically use this to have an opensource/public- and company setting- with different mirrors, servers, repositories and a clean repository cache.

Gruss
Bernd

--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net