Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Manish.Bhoge" <Ma...@target.com> on 2012/02/02 14:45:26 UTC

Not able to create table in hive

Hi,

I am trying to create a table in Hive using below DDL:

CREATE TABLE pokes (foo INT, bar STRING);

I am getting below error, I have logged in as admin user :

FAILED: Error in metadata: javax.jdo.JDOFatalDataStoreException: Cannot get a connection, pool error Could not create a validated object, cause: A read-only user or a user in a read-only database is not permitted to disable read-only mode on a connection.
NestedThrowables:
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot get a connection, pool error Could not create a validated object, cause: A read-only user or a user in a read-only database is not permitted to disable read-only mode on a connection.
FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask

Any idea?

Thank You,
Manish

Re: Not able to create table in hive

Posted by hadoop hive <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mark,

I do have an access on metastore as I am login as admin. However when I
query through Hue web interface it is working for me (using User: Guest).

Here is how my hive-site.xml looks like. Is there any property that I need
to extend here.

<property>
 <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>

 <value>jdbc:derby:*;*databaseName=/usr/share/hue/metastore_db;create=true</
value>

 <description>JDBC connect string for a JDBC metastore</description>
</property>

<property>
 <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName</name>
 <value>org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver</value>
 <description>Driver class name for a JDBC metastore</description>
</property>

<property>
 <name>hive.hwi.war.file</name>
 <value>/usr/lib/hive/lib/hive-hwi-0.7.0-CDH3B4.war</value>
 <description>This is the WAR file with the jsp content for Hive Web
Interface</description>
</property>

Thank You,
Manish

Posted by "Manish.Bhoge" <Ma...@target.com>.
This command can just tell about the data node and block details.

My question was not specific to particular table. But I was not able to run any Hive command from command however same SQL can run from WEB UI.

Yes, I am using 2 different users, 'Guest' user from Web and 'admin' user from command line.

Thank You,
Manish

Posted by hadoop hive <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mark,