Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Dipesh Khakhkhar <di...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/03 00:54:43 UTC

Viewing DOMString and related classes in Microsoft Visual Studio Debugger

Hi,
I have found the usage of DOMString and related classes from Xerces library
and I am trying to debug some code which extensively uses these classes. I
am not able to see any value contained by the objects of these classes.

I googled and found this link

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xerces-general/200001.mbox/%3COFF1C2AEE9.9C0AEA6F-ON8525685C.001B50CA@Lotus.com%3E
(I have interpreted the above link describing two ways to do this first to
move classes and second to do these settings. Correct me if I am wrong. In
Visual Studio 2008 there is no setting to display unicode character and I
guess by default it is on)

I have used the following in my autoexp.dat file
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------

;Xerces

DOMString=<fHandle->fDSData->fData,su>

I did try viewing the value of DOMString object using "var,su" in quick
watch window but still it does not show anything.

I have restarted visual studio after making the above changes and still it
does not show the value contained by DOMString object.

Does anyone know how to display DOMString in visual studio 2008? Thanks in
advance.

Thanks!