Posted to dev@directmemory.apache.org by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/19 20:23:02 UTC

irc channel

Hi all,

Do we have an irc channel? If not I think that is a good idea to use one,
for things that are beyond the scope of the mailing list.
I think that irc really helps growing communities as it allows its member to
have a more direct communication and get to know each other better.

wdyt?
--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*

**
Blog: http://iocanel.blogspot.com
**
Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/>  Committer
Apache Gora <http://incubator.apache.org/gora/> Committer
*

Re: irc channel

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.

> Since this is a incubating project with folks new to the Apache Way,
> I'd just add the obligatory word of caution about irc - "if it didn't
> happen on the mailing list, it didn't happen".  Hopefully, everyone
> will be mindful of that and "bring it to the list" as appropriate:)

You are right on this Tim. The mailing list is the official communication
mean. I consider irc more like a community building tool rather than a way
to coordinate ourselves.

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*

Re: irc channel

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Do we have an irc channel? If not I think that is a good idea to use one,
> for things that are beyond the scope of the mailing list.
> I think that irc really helps growing communities as it allows its member to
> have a more direct communication and get to know each other better.
>
> wdyt?

Since this is a incubating project with folks new to the Apache Way,
I'd just add the obligatory word of caution about irc - "if it didn't
happen on the mailing list, it didn't happen".  Hopefully, everyone
will be mindful of that and "bring it to the list" as appropriate:)

--tim

Re: irc channel

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
I think so. I've left the windows world the last couple of years and I can't
tell for sure.

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*

Re: irc channel

Posted by "Raffaele P. Guidi" <ra...@gmail.com>.
choice is yours. What client you suggest for windows? Is mIRC still active?

Re: irc channel

Re: irc channel

Posted by "Raffaele P. Guidi" <ra...@gmail.com>.
Well, I don't hang around on IRC since ages, but I'm pretty open to
everything the gang is willing to explore. And, as we already have a
facebook page (
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Apache-DirectMemory/150713541692028) and a
twitter account (http://twitter.com/#!/directmemory) an IRC channell would
be a nice addition