Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alex Colic <al...@pop-ware.com> on 2001/04/02 15:50:46 UTC

how to access a properties file as a resource.

Hi,

I have a properties file in the web-inf directory of my web app. How can I
access that file. It holds my localization settings I have tried.

String pathSeperator =File.separator.

InputStream is=context.getResourceAsStream("Web-inf" + pathSeperator +
"pwWorkRequestProLocalization");

PropertyResourceBundle  res= new PropertyResourceBundle(is);

When the input stream tryes to get the resource I get the following Tomcat
error:

Ctx(  ): Unsafe path C:\JBuilder4\Projects\pwWorkRequest
/Web-inf\pwWorkRequestProLocalization"

And when the PropertyResourceBundle tries to read the input stream I get a
nullpointerexception.

I have tried various strings to pass to context.getResourceAsStream() but I
have not been successful. Any help is appreciated.