Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by Yanning Li <ya...@nvidia.com> on 2013/06/13 03:23:22 UTC

Chance to have a call regarding GPU accelearation in Hama

Hi Hama dev team,

I work for NVIDIA Tesla Accelerating Computing product team. Recently I noticed your project online. It seems Hama can be a great fit with GPU computing.

Wondering any chance our team (cc-ed our group manager, Roy) could have a call with you guys or who is familiar with GPU related issue to learn more about Hama, opportunities and hurdles of using GPU in the project. The goal is to figure out opportunity for us and to make the project better as well.

So please let me know. Thanks.

Best

Yanning

RE: Chance to have a call regarding GPU accelearation in Hama

Posted by Roy Kim <rk...@nvidia.com>.
Hi Yoon,

Great to hear from you.

We're mainly interested in learning more about your efforts on GPUs, on Rootbeer integration, and how we can support you.

We're just starting to think about how we engage the Hadoop market so we don't have any agenda yet.  I'd like to pull in some of our engineers and researchers into our conference call so give us a few days to set that up.

Thanks.

Roy

Since the Apache Hama aims to capability of massive scientific computations on top of Hadoop cluster, we also have an interest in supporting GPUs, and actually I researched mainly about the Apache Hama cluster architecture that are using GPUs and InfiniBand at Oracle (Because, I believe that the scientific computing is more important than data cleansing / selection processing, to forecast the future or to extract valuable insight).

If you have agenda items, please share us them before scheduling a conference call. I or Martin Illecker might be available to participate in the call.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: Chance to have a call regarding GPU accelearation in Hama

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Since the Apache Hama aims to capability of massive scientific
computations on top of Hadoop cluster, we also have an interest in
supporting GPUs, and actually I researched mainly about the Apache
Hama cluster architecture that are using GPUs and InfiniBand at Oracle
(Because, I believe that the scientific computing is more important
than data cleansing / selection processing, to forecast the future or
to extract valuable insight).

If you have agenda items, please share us them before scheduling a
conference call. I or Martin Illecker might be available to
participate in the call.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Yanning Li <ya...@nvidia.com> wrote:
> Hi Hama dev team,
>
> I work for NVIDIA Tesla Accelerating Computing product team. Recently I noticed your project online. It seems Hama can be a great fit with GPU computing.
>
> Wondering any chance our team (cc-ed our group manager, Roy) could have a call with you guys or who is familiar with GPU related issue to learn more about Hama, opportunities and hurdles of using GPU in the project. The goal is to figure out opportunity for us and to make the project better as well.
>
> So please let me know. Thanks.
>
> Best
>
> Yanning

> This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
> confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
> is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by

Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon