Posted to dev@ariatosca.apache.org by Tal Liron <ta...@cloudify.co> on 2017/11/22 16:45:19 UTC

What does it take to become an AriaTosca committer?

I've written up a list of requirements:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARIATOSCA/Becoming+a+Committer

It's up to the committers to define this list, but would be happy to get
feedback from non-committers, too!

Re: What does it take to become an AriaTosca committer?

Posted by Tal Liron <ta...@cloudify.co>.
It means you have commitment to the project. :)

Being a committer is not just about rights to push code, but also provides
other admin rights on resources as well as voting rights (you need to be a
committer to join the PMC, or Project Management Committee) for releases
and for accepting other committers.

For more information: https://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html

Posted by DeWayne Filppi <de...@cloudify.co>.

Posted by Tal Liron <ta...@cloudify.co>.

Posted by DeWayne Filppi <de...@cloudify.co>.

Posted by Thomas Nadeau <tn...@lucidvision.com>.
	Please take a look at the backlog and see if there is anything there you
are interested in.  We also do grooming meetings Mondays at 11AM EST.
I send out a reminder on Monday mornings, but here is the info ahead of time:

  https://cloudify.zoom.us/j/5055197842 <https://cloudify.zoom.us/j/5055197842> <https://cloudify.zoom.us/j/5055197842 <https://cloudify.zoom.us/j/5055197842>>

	Cheers,

	—Tom

Re: ASF Slack Access and Write Permissions to the Wiki

Posted by Miguel Angel Jimenez Achinte <mi...@rigiresearch.com>.
Hi John,
I want to get access to AriaTosca wiki/JIRA.

Posted by Miguel Angel Jimenez Achinte <mi...@rigiresearch.com>.
Thank you for your help, John.

Thomas, regarding the Slack channel, how should I proceed to get an
invitation?
Thanks in advance,
Miguel

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Requested -> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-15566

Posted by Tal Liron <ta...@cloudify.co>.

Posted by Thomas Nadeau <tn...@gmail.com>.
Im talking to Vish now. Looks like your fixes worked.

Thx!

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Glad its working! And if there's anyone to thank, its our crack infra
team.

On Nov 27, 2017 2:57 PM, "Vishwanath Jayaraman" <vi...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

John,

 I am now able to see the edit button on the WIKI page and also able to
change state of the JIRA item.

That was fast, thanks a lot for all your help.

Vish

________________________________

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Vish can you try now?

Posted by Thomas Nadeau <tn...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vishwanath Jayaraman <vi...@hotmail.com>.
Aria -399, I want to be able to move it to In Progress from Open.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 27, 2017, at 12:41 PM, Thomas Nadeau <tn...@gmail.com>> wrote:

which issue?

On Nov 27, 2017, at 12:25 PM, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org>> wrote:

I've given you both access to confluence.  I added MIguel as a contributor
in JIRA, Vish you were already listed as a contributor.

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 1:19 PM Vishwanath Jayaraman <
vishwanathj@hotmail.com<ma...@hotmail.com>> wrote:

John,

My username is vishwanathj and associated email address is
vishwanathj@hotmail.com<ma...@hotmail.com>.

I need edit access to confuence/wiki and permissions in JIRA to be able to

Note that apache.org<http://apache.org><http://apache.org> emails are only given to committers.

Posted by Thomas Nadeau <tn...@gmail.com>.
which issue?

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vishwanath Jayaraman <vi...@hotmail.com>.
John,

 My username is vishwanathj and associated email address is vishwanathj@hotmail.com.

I need edit access to confuence/wiki and permissions in JIRA to be able to change issue states from Open->Progress->resolved, etc.

Posted by Miguel Angel Jimenez Achinte <mi...@rigiresearch.com>.
Hi John,
The username is the same I sent to general@incubator:

username: jachinte
email: miguel@uvic.ca

for both Wiki and JIRA.

Miguel

Posted by Thomas Nadeau <tn...@lucidvision.com>.
thanks again for helping out on this.  On today’s grooming someone suggested
that we add this to the wiki’s “getting started” so that we have this straight
for future contributors.  Its on my list.

—Tom

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Miguel,

Posted by Thomas Nadeau <tn...@gmail.com>.