Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Volkan YAZICI <vo...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/29 12:46:15 UTC

Deterministic Ngram Matcher Hits

Hi all,

If I am not mistaken, the employed ngram matcher has potential to return
different results for different traversel orderings provided by the
underlying collections framework. This is also evident from the following
issues:

   - HTC One X+ matches to both HTC One X and HTC_One_X.
   <http://markmail.org/message/rzgioqbm22wtzt3p>
   - DMAP-112: Java client test fails with JDK 1.8.0-25
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DMAP-112>

I have been thinking about this and it occurred to me that instead of
returning a single hit with the highest score (which varies with the
employed collection traversal ordering), we can return the set of all
feasible hits with the same score. I believe, this will make it easier to
unit test the matcher on different platforms. Comments?

Best.