Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jens Hofschröer <ap...@nigjo.de> on 2021/03/08 10:24:07 UTC

Missing DTDs due to EOL of netbeans.org

Hi everybody

With the end of life of netbeans.org on Oracle infrastructure we
encounter a problem with DTD adresses in (old?) build systems.

For example our current RCP app is based on Apache NetBeans 12.0. A lot
of annotation do generate a "generated-layer.xml" with a DTD pointing to
http://www.netbeans.org/dtds/filesystem-1_2.dtd
This is/was the official Public-ID of "XML-Layerfiles". This URL is now
redirected to
https://netbeans.apache.org/dtds/filesystem-1_2.dtd
But this location does not hold any DTD file so in our build logs are a
lot of warnings like

[Fatal Error] filesystem-1_2.dtd:1:3: The markup declarations contained
or pointed to by the document type declaration must be well-formed.

Are there only some files missing or is there more to do?

Greetings
Jens

--
http://blog.nigjo.de/netbeans/

Re: Missing DTDs due to EOL of netbeans.org

Posted by Jens Hofschröer <ap...@nigjo.de>.
Yes. I don't see any "[Fatal Error]" entries in the build log any more.
Thank you all.

Jens

Posted by antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.

Posted by Lars Bruun-Hansen <lb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lars Bruun-Hansen <lb...@gmail.com>.
Indeed there is a DTD file at that new location.

The problem seems to be that is is not served with the right
"Content-Type" header. At least that is my conclusion.

The command "curl --verbose --location
http://www.netbeans.org/dtds/filesystem-1_2.dtd" reveals that the
server returns the following:

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 10:35:56 GMT

Posted by antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi there,

As far as we know all DTDs are in place, and where migrated several
months ago.

In fact https://netbeans.apache.org/dtds/filesystem-1_2.dtd is available
on the site.

We'll need further investigation to see what the problem is.

If the web server configuration has to be modified (for adding
Content-Types as Lars suggests or whatever) then we'll need a ticker for
INFRA, since this is a TLP (Top Level Project) web server, and only
Apache Infra can handle that configuration.

Kind regards,
Antonio