Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Jiunn Jye Ng <ji...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/19 08:09:34 UTC

Executing Calcite Test

Hi,
I have the source code pulled one week ago.
Calcite test freeze when running mvn install. This happened even when I run
it overnight (at least 8 hours).

I am running on VM with allocation of 2 processors and 10GB of memory. I do
not see any cpu or memory limitation on the host machine.

Is this expected to run for a very long period of time ?
What is the machine requirement for running the tests?

Thank you.

Rgds,
jay

Re: Executing Calcite Test

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2 cores and 10GB should be enough. 4GB would probably do as well.
The tests are expected to take several minutes. Running mysql,
postgresql, h2, mongo suite takes another several minutes.

Is the freeze reproducible or it is just an accidental one?

If you experience a freeze, it would be nice if you could collect
several "kill -3 <java_process_id>" and "jstack -m <java_process_id>"
thread dumps so we can identify the action in question and fix it.

Vladimir