Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eyal Goren <ey...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/14 12:14:02 UTC

Maven 3 does not manage to deploy nar artifact on Linux

Hi,

I am using the maven-nar-plugin for C++ projects.

Currently I am having a project that I compile in parallel- on Windows and
on Linux.

On Windows I dpely all artifacts, and on Linux, I am trying to deploy only
linux specific artifact.

When I use maven 2- the deployment on Linux works as expected.

However- when I try to use maven 3, in the deploy phase I receive:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project com.hp.bsm.sha.native:paris:1.00-SNAPSHOT
(/NAS_ROOT/users/bsmbuild/EC_Builds/bsm-sha/sha-native/trunk/235/native/jni/paris/pom.xml)
has 1 error
[ERROR]      pom.xml
<http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/file/n5730943/pom.xml>  : nar @ line 14,
column 14
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please
read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException

I uploaded the artifact pom.xml, any idea why what works on maven 2 will not
work on maven 3?

Thanks
Eyal

Re: Maven 3 does not manage to deploy nar artifact on Linux

Posted by Martin Eisengardt <ma...@gmail.com>.
Which version of maven-nar-plugin are you using?

Posted by Eyal Goren <ey...@gmail.com>.
Hi  Martin,

Sorry for the late response- what is the forking you are doing there?

Re: Maven 3 does not manage to deploy nar artifact on Linux

Posted by Martin Eisengardt <ma...@gmail.com>.
To explain it. We are currently merging several forks at github. So you are
welcome to contribute your customizations there :)

Posted by jagadeesh k kothuri <kj...@gmail.com>.
Eyal Goren <eyalg1972 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Problem resolved- I forgot to tell it to use the profile for Linux, and the
> definitions of the nar plugin were in the profile.
>
> I used the most updated code (I think it was 2.0-SNAPSHOT). any how- I took
> the most updated code.

may i know what is that definition that i need to include for nar plugin ?
and where ?

RE: Maven 3 does not manage to deploy nar artifact on Linux

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
to reiterate what Martin asked earlier:

which version of maven-nar-plugin are you implementing?
which Linux OS are you implementing on?
what is the version of Linux  you are implementing on?
Are you implementing Host specific environment variables..if so what are they?

Martin
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung

Posted by Eyal Goren <ey...@gmail.com>.
I work with a customized version of nar plugin.

But- I don't have any problem in running the nar plugin, compile it or even
deploy it.

The only problem I have is when I try to deploy on Linux a specific artifact
using a specific plugin (That identify the exact artifact from the target
dir and deploy it)

Posted by Martin Eisengardt <ma...@gmail.com>.
And which maven-nar-plugin do you use? There are many forks around. We are
currently merging them at github (http://github.com/maven-nar). The merged
one that is also working with maven3 is not yet present in maven central. I
do not know if some early version is working with maven3.

Posted by Eyal Goren <ey...@gmail.com>.
Also- I am using maven 3.0.3

Re: Maven 3 does not manage to deploy nar artifact on Linux

Posted by Eyal Goren <ey...@gmail.com>.