Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Anthony Elder <an...@uk.ibm.com> on 2002/09/19 16:30:47 UTC

[wsif] using the apache soap provider and a proxy server

Currently the wsif apache soap provider  doesn't work via a proxy server as
the Java http.proxyHost and http.proxyPort seemed to be ignored by SOAP, on
the other hand the axis provider works fine through a proxy automatically.

I thought I could easily change this by adding code to the apache soap wsif
operation to extract the Java system properties and setting them in the
SOAPHTTPConnection with the setProxyHost/setProxyPort methods, but then it
doesn't work for the localhost. Presumably I also need to take account of
the http.nonProxyHosts system property, and have something like the axis
CommonsHTTPSender.isHostInNonProxyList method. And a match method to take
care of wildcards...

Probably a question for the soap list, but before I do all this does anyone
know if this really is the case or is there something already implemented
in apache soap to do this which I've missed?

       ...ant

Anthony Elder
ant.elder@uk.ibm.com
Web Services Development
IBM UK Laboratories,  Hursley Park
(+44) 01962 818320, x248320, MP208.

Re: [wsif] using the apache soap provider and a proxy server

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Anthony,

You have not missed anything.  Adding support for http.* and https.*
properties is on my personal to-do list for SOAP, but I have not made it
down to that item.

Even if/when it is added, a large portion of the Apache SOAP user base seems
to be locked into a particular version, notably 2.2.  Therefore, I think you
may want to consider adding the code to WSIF to accomodate this community.

Scott Nichol