Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/01 12:51:52 UTC

review solicited

Hello, Http team.

I created a project jclouds (http://code.google.com/p/jclouds/) whose first
functionality includes a Map<String,InputStream> view of Amazon S3 buckets.
 This project uses ApacheHC httpcore-nio heavily.  Here are some notes:

1.  JClouds has a pluggable architecture for http requests.  httpnio plugin
is in the module located at extensions/httpnio
2.  The Http engine of JClouds implements the
interface HttpFutureCommandClient.  In this case, it
is HttpNioConnectionPoolClient
3.  The wiring together of httpnio components is handled by Guice modules
located in packages named 'config'

As this project is pre-alpha, I would like your feedback, if you can spare
the time.  Even better would be contribution to the effort in whatever means
you can afford.

Please contact me, if you can help.

Thanks for creating httpcore-nio and having useful samples online.  My
implementation needs work, but I am happy to have gotten this far without
bothering you all!

Cheers,
-Adrian Cole

Re: review solicited

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 12:51 +0200, Adrian Cole wrote:
> Hello, Http team.
>
> I created a project jclouds (http://code.google.com/p/jclouds/) whose first
> functionality includes a Map<String,InputStream> view of Amazon S3 buckets.
>  This project uses ApacheHC httpcore-nio heavily.  Here are some notes:
>
> 1.  JClouds has a pluggable architecture for http requests.  httpnio plugin
> is in the module located at extensions/httpnio
> 2.  The Http engine of JClouds implements the
> interface HttpFutureCommandClient.  In this case, it
> is HttpNioConnectionPoolClient
> 3.  The wiring together of httpnio components is handled by Guice modules
> located in packages named 'config'
>
> As this project is pre-alpha, I would like your feedback, if you can spare
> the time.  Even better would be contribution to the effort in whatever means
> you can afford.
>
> Please contact me, if you can help.
>
> Thanks for creating httpcore-nio and having useful samples online.  My
> implementation needs work, but I am happy to have gotten this far without
> bothering you all!
>
> Cheers,
> -Adrian Cole

Hi Adrian,

I am glad you found HttpCore useful. I'll try to find time to review
HTTP related bits of your project and give you some feedback, but please
do not take it as a promise.

Besides, you may want to have a reference to your project added to the
HC web site

http://hc.apache.org/poweredby.html

Cheers

Oleg