Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Pazhanikanthan Periasamy <Pa...@caritor.com> on 2006/01/05 10:48:53 UTC

Re: struts tags in JSP's

No for both as both these are performed ast Server level thought u use JSP
scriptlets or Struts tags.

Thanks and regards,
Pazhanikanthan. P
Project Leader,
Caritor (India) Pvt. Ltd.,
Madras - 600 006
Mob: 9884321672
Extn: 4307

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@pingsite.com>.
Pazhanikanthan Periasamy wrote:

>No for both as both these are performed ast Server level thought u use JSP
>scriptlets or Struts tags.

JSP tags are syntactic sugar around method calls, whereas scriptlet code
is "injected" directly into the generated servlet source. So there will
be a minor performance hit as you will be calling a method rather than
simply performing an 'if' compare.

Is the tradeoff worth it? I could argue either side of that and not feel
bad.

>-----"Raghuveer" <ra...@infotechsw.com> wrote: -----
>Does there will be any performance issue if i use struts tags like logic
>tags,  when comapred to "if " condion in scriplet in JSP.

Dave