Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/09 20:21:05 UTC

Qpid JMS 0.1.0-beta

Hi everyone,

I have posted a beta build for the new JMS client, in order to test
out the release process more and give people something fixed to test
around with before we release.

The source and binary archives for the beta can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.1.0-beta/

Those and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1026

If you want to test it out from there (e.g using the examples src, or
your own things), add this to your poms:
  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1026</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for the client itself would then be:
  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
    <version>0.1.0-beta</version>
  </dependency>

Regards,
Robbie

Re: Qpid JMS 0.1.0-beta

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 9 March 2015 at 19:21, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have posted a beta build for the new JMS client, in order to test
> out the release process more and give people something fixed to test
> around with before we release.
>
> The source and binary archives for the beta can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.1.0-beta/
>
> Those and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1026
>
> If you want to test it out from there (e.g using the examples src, or
> your own things), add this to your poms:
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1026</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.1.0-beta</version>
>   </dependency>
>
> Regards,
> Robbie

Things I noted while doing this:
 - The src and bin archives overlap when extracted to the same
location. I'll fix that for next time.
 - One is a zip (as thats what the default src release was) and the
other is a tar.gz (as thats what weve used for binary archvies). We
should probably just pick one type, or make both types for each.

Robbie

Re: Qpid JMS 0.1.0-beta

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 03/09/2015 03:21 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have posted a beta build for the new JMS client, in order to test
> out the release process more and give people something fixed to test
> around with before we release.
>
> The source and binary archives for the beta can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.1.0-beta/
>
> Those and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1026
>
> If you want to test it out from there (e.g using the examples src, or
> your own things), add this to your poms:
>    <repositories>
>      <repository>
>        <id>staging</id>
>        <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1026</url>
>      </repository>
>    </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>      <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>      <version>0.1.0-beta</version>
>    </dependency>
>
> Regards,
> Robbie

I downloaded them both and checked things out.  The source archive
builds and passes its tests and the examples in the binary distribution
build and run fine for me.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.

Re: Qpid JMS 0.1.0-beta

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 03/11/2015 10:15 AM, Jakub Scholz wrote:
> Hi Robbie,
>
> I played with it a bit ... what I noticed is that it looks like it
> completely ignores the truststore which I pass to the client using the
> transport.trustStoreLocation option. Can it be that the
> org.apache.qpid.jms.transports.TransportSupport has a bug in the
> loadTrustManagers
> method? I think it should do:
>          String storeLocation = options.getTrustStoreLocation();
>          String storePassword = options.getTrustStorePassword();
>          String storeType = options.getStoreType();
>
>          LOG.trace("Attempt to load TrustStore from location {} of type {}",
> storeLocation, storeType);
>
> instead of:
>          String storeLocation = options.getKeyStoreLocation();
>          String storePassword = options.getKeyStorePassword();
>          String storeType = options.getStoreType();
>
>          LOG.trace("Attempt to load KeyStore from location {} of type {}",
> storeLocation, storeType);
>
> Should I enter some JIRA or create a pull request on github?
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Jakub

Thanks for trying it out, I've pushed a fix for the problem so it should
be fixed in the next spin.

Re: Qpid JMS 0.1.0-beta

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
Hi Robbie,