Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Darryl Miles <da...@netbauds.net> on 2006/06/12 16:07:56 UTC

Apache2::compat lacks $request->cgi_header_out() ?

Apache2::compat lacks $request->cgi_header_out() ?

I'm trying to get some mod_perl 1.x code working under mod_perl 2.0.2,
but I get the error:

Can't locate object method "cgi_header_out" via package
"Apache2::RequestRec"

For my usage:

my($header) = 'Location';
my($value) = 'http://domain.com/foo';
$request($header => $value);

Is there any compliant way to make the code work with both MP1 and MP2
?  Even if I have to add an ugly conditional:

if($ENV{MOD_PERL} =~ /mod_perl\/2\./) {
 # Place MP2 code here
} else {
 $request($header => $value);
}

Thanks

Darryl

Re: Apache2::compat lacks $request->cgi_header_out() ?

Posted by Hendrik Van Belleghem <he...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

I posted some notes on my blog about writing an abstraction layer:

http://use.perl.org/~Beatnik/journal/29527
http://use.perl.org/~Beatnik/journal/29346

HTH

Hendrik