Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by markpittsnh <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2006/04/26 02:09:44 UTC

deploying to servicemix standalone returns classnotfound

I am following the step under
"Deploying JBI Components on ServiceMix Running Stand-Alone", which is
located under "http://servicemix.org/Geronimo+Integration".
Step
------
1.I dropped the files sa_quartz.zip and servicecomponent.jar under (I can
certainly provide the content of jbi.xml files if necessary).
C:\java\servicemix-3.0-M1\bin\deploy
2.I started servicemix standalone.

Symptoms
INFO - DeploymentService.buildState(683) | Restoring service assemblies
INFO - JBIContainer.init(508) | ServiceMix JBI Container
(http://servicemix.org/) name: ServiceMix running version: 3.0-M1
INFO - AutoDeploymentService$2.run(504) | Directory: deploy: Archive
changed: processing sa_quartz.jar ...
INFO - AutoDeploymentService.updateArchive(264) | Components
servicemix-component are not installed yet - adding ServiceAssembly AU_1 to
pending list
INFO - AutoDeploymentService$2.run(508) | Directory: deploy: Finished
installation of archive:  sa_quartz.jar
INFO - AutoDeploymentService$2.run(504) | Directory: deploy: Archive
changed: processing service-component.jar ...
ERROR - InstallerMBeanImpl.activateComponent(164) | component class
org.servicemix.components.servicemix.ServiceMixComponent not found
WARN - AutoDeploymentService$2.run(511) | Directory: deploy: Automatic
install of C:\java\servicemix-3.0-M1\bin\deploy\service-component.jar failed
javax.jbi.management.DeploymentException:
javax.jbi.management.DeploymentException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.servicemix.components.servicemix.ServiceMixComponent
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: deploying to servicemix standalone returns classnotfound

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The Geronimo integration needs to be rewriten.
Basically, you can:
  * embed servicemix in a web app (which should not be specific to Geronimo)
  * install the geronimo plan / geronimo gbeans (which is not
documented) that you can find in the source tree.  In such a case,
installation of jbi components and deployment of service units can be
handled by Geronimo deployer.

You may find useful information in the following document (which is
uptodate) http://servicemix.org/Deploying+Lightweight+Components+Tutorial

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The documentation is not always uptodate :(
You should first try the examples that are included in the distribution.
The soap-binding example shows how to create service units, a service
assembly and how to deploy them.  It uses ant for all build tasks, but
there is not much here.

There are other examples using SAs / SUs: bpel-bpe, loan-broker.

FYI, the commit you have seen is due to the move to Apache.