Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dennis Gove <dp...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/28 11:18:21 UTC

Bootstrapping a Solr Cloud

Something I find myself doing a lot is bringing up a brand new Solr Cloud
to test out some ideas I have. To simplify the process of getting Solr and
Zookeeper builds, installing, starting up multiple instances of each
(including data and log file directory management), I've created a
(hopefully) simple python script to do all the heavy lifting. And I want to
share it in case anyone else might find this useful. Under the covers it
doesn't do any magic and really passes off as much as it can to the
bin/solr script. The README contains details for running.

https://github.com/dennisgove/solr-bootstrap

I've built and tested this on OS X El Capitan with Python 2.7.9 but I
expect it to work on any linux-based system. I hope it works on a Windows
based system as well but I have no way to really test that.

I hope you'll find it useful. Please feel free to add issues or send in
pull requests. Starting on July 6th I'll be away-from-keyboard for a few
weeks so I apologize if I don't respond to issues right away but I will as
soon as I get back.

- Dennis Gove