Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ajayasahoo <aj...@citigroup.com> on 2006/04/26 18:59:08 UTC

New to Maven

I am new to Maven.

I have downloaded maven-2.0.4 and following the Maven Getting Started Guide.

I am under How do I make my first Maven project? and issue the following
command

mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app

I get this error:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Re: New to Maven

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 09:59 -0700, ajayasahoo wrote:
> I am new to Maven.
>
> I have downloaded maven-2.0.4 and following the Maven Getting Started Guide.
>
> I am under How do I make my first Maven project? and issue the following
> command
>
> mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app
>
> I get this error:
>
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-help-plugin' does not
> exist or no valid version could be found.

Try "mvn -X ....." to show debug output.

I expect that you're running behind some kind of firewall that is
preventing maven from downloading the plugins it needs. The maven
download is just the core of maven; many of the plugins it needs to do
its job are downloaded on demand.

If a firewall is the issue, see the documentation on the maven site re
defining proxy settings in a settings.xml file.

Regards,

Simon

Re: New to Maven

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
I think Simon is right, have you setted your proxy correctly?

Re: New to Maven

Posted by ajayasahoo <aj...@citigroup.com>.
Hi alan,

Re: New to Maven

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.
Hi there,

Have you tried appending -U to your mvn command?

allan