Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mario Dörr <m....@iq-work.de> on 2004/01/09 15:36:08 UTC

HPUX

Hi all!

Has somebody compiled the AXIS 1.0 (C++) program successfull under HPUX
11.0? I have some problems with the linking step: "collect2: ld
terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped". Has
anybody an idea, to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance!
Greetings Mario

Re: HPUX

Posted by da...@opensource.lk.
Hi Mario,

>> Hi All,
>> We need help testing Axis C++ on other platforms. Currently it is
>> tested only on Linux and windows. It is written with portability in
>> mind. Anybody willing to test and help running Axis C++ on other
>> unixes?
>>
>> damitha
>
> You can contact me Damitha, i can help you with testing AXIS C++ on HPUX
>  11.0 if you wish....

Yes please. Test with the recent code in cvs Axis C++ head, which is
intended for the next release and is feature riched. Please subscribe to
Axis C++ developer mailing list(http://ws.apache.org/axis/mail.html) and
send mail to axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org. Your
contributions as suggestions and patches is greatly appreciated.

damitha

Re: HPUX

Posted by da...@opensource.lk.
Hi Mario,

Re: HPUX

Posted by Mario Dörr <m....@iq-work.de>.
Hi all!

 >Has somebody compiled the AXIS 1.0 (C++) program successfull under HPUX
 >11.0? I have some problems with the linking step: "collect2: ld
 >terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped". Has
 >anybody an idea, to solve this problem?

I've solved this problem, you will need the latest "ld(1) and linker
tools cumulative path (PHSS_26559)" to link axis without a segmention
fault in HPUX 11.0.

The next problem seems to be some unresolved symbols when i start the
apache webserver:

root@hpux02(/opt/apache/bin) > ./apachectl start
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: _ZTIN11xercesc_2_211InputSourceE
(data)  from /opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
_ZN11xercesc_2_26XMLUni22fgXercescDefaultLocaleE (data)  from
/opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: _ZTIN11xercesc_2_214BinInputStreamE
(data)  from /opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: _ZTIN11xercesc_2_213XMLEntityDeclE
(data)  from /opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
_ZTIN11xercesc_2_217SAXParseExceptionE (data)  from
/opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
_ZN11xercesc_2_211InputSource11setSystemIdEPKt (code)  from
/opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
_ZN11xercesc_2_217SAX2XMLReaderImplC1Ev (code)  from
/opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
_ZN11xercesc_2_216XMLPlatformUtils10InitializeEPKc (code)  from
/opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: _ZN11xercesc_2_214BinInputStreamD2Ev
(code)  from /opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: _ZN11xercesc_2_214BinInputStreamC2Ev
(code)  from /opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
_ZN11xercesc_2_211InputSource11setPublicIdEPKt (code)  from
/opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
_ZN11xercesc_2_217SAXParseExceptionD1Ev (code)  from
/opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
_ZN11xercesc_2_211InputSource11setEncodingEPKt (code)  from
/opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: _ZN11xercesc_2_213XMLEntityDeclD2Ev
(code)  from /opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: _ZN11xercesc_2_211InputSourceD2Ev
(code)  from /opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
_ZN11xercesc_2_217SAXParseExceptionC1ERKS0_ (code)  from
/opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: _ZN11xercesc_2_211InputSourceC2Ev
(code)  from /opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
_ZN11xercesc_2_216XMLPlatformUtils9TerminateEv (code)  from
/opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
_ZN11xercesc_2_29XMLString9transcodeEPKtPcj (code)  from
/opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl
Syntax error on line 949 of /opt/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /opt/apache/libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.sl into server:
Unresolved external
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I've installed the HPUX binaries of xerces 2.2...has anyone an idea
about the problem?

> Hi All,
> We need help testing Axis C++ on other platforms. Currently it is tested
> only on Linux and windows. It is written with portability in mind. Anybody
> willing to test and help running Axis C++ on other unixes?
>
> damitha

You can contact me Damitha, i can help you with testing AXIS C++ on HPUX
11.0 if you wish....

Greetings
Mario

Re: HPUX