Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com> on 2005/12/01 09:47:53 UTC

Re: [m2] where should sql, dtds, test data and generated docs go?

I'm not one of the generated of the mvn gurus here, but I'll give my two
cents ^_^

Maven is not really strict on your directory structure and you can
actually setup your directory tree as you want it to.  But there are
still advantages to having a common setup as this page explains:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-standard-directory-layout.html

For generated sources, you should put them in
target/generated-sources/<source-group> where source group can be
hibernate, javacc, etc as suggested by this doc:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-generating-sources.html

Posted by soir <ig...@gmail.com>.

Adam Hardy-4 wrote:

> Where would I put SQL scripts? Under src/main/sql
> or src/main/resources/data?
> dbunit test data files -> src/test/resources ?
> dbunit test data DTD -> as above?

I store SQL scripts in /database folder. There is the PowerDesigner database
model too.
DbUnit files are stored in src/test/resources/dataset

Igor

Re: [m2] where should sql, dtds, test data and generated docs go?

Posted by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Ah! OK, I hadn't seen all those docs before, due to lack of time to keep
up with maven 2. Thanks for the pointer.

Half of the generated code and docs that I have produced is never going
to be generated again. But you gave me the answer to one question
(generated docs), thanks.

How about the other artifacts:

Where would I put SQL scripts? Under src/main/sql
or src/main/resources/data?
dbunit test data files -> src/test/resources ?
dbunit test data DTD -> as above?
hibernate & spring config files -> src/main/resources?

thanks
Adam