Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/02 02:51:17 UTC

A possible trap with maven: Please make sure resource files are under src/main/resources or src/test/resources folder

Hi,

When I debugged a vtest failure in 1.x branch
(branches/sca-java-1.x/vtest/assembly/component), I found out that some
.componentType files are checked in under the src/main/java folder instead
of the src/main/resources folder. Typically, maven has a filter that only
copy .class files into target/classes from the java folder and other
resource files from resources. As a result, these componentType files are
not in the target/classes which is taken as the root of the SCA
contribution. After moving them to the src/main/resources folder, the test
case is passing!

BTW, this kind of problem cannot be reproduced under Eclipse as Eclipse
copies all files from the source folder into the output directory.

This seems to be a simple mistake. But it's very difficult to troubleshoot
:-(.

Thanks,
Raymond