Posted to user@pig.apache.org by hc busy <hc...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/09 09:03:04 UTC

WARNING: Files starting with periods are skipped

This might be well known already, but I just got kicked in the behind by a
temporary file that I generate and load that starts it's file name with a
period. Apparently PigStorage will not load any files starting with a
period... Sigh, probly a feature, but took a while to figure out.

It's actually kinda funny that I initially thought cogroup was broken before
checking out the Storage as the culprit...

-- busy

Re: WARNING: Files starting with periods are skipped

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.
FYI, also files and directories that start with an underscore.

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang