Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org> on 2006/09/02 16:08:57 UTC

build timeouts

Hi,

In what way should we allow users to specify the build timeout?

A normal configuration field somewhere in the project/projectgroup,
or in the schedule?

The current queue's process one task at a time. We could kill
the running task if it's the next one's turn, meaning: default build
time for a task is nextTask.startTime - task.startTime.

Although the latter approach seems to have a flaw: everything seems
to be scheduled at the same time.

Perhaps doing something like #of-projects-in-schedule / schedule-interval?

Or just a simple default of 1 hour, regardless of scheduling?

Are we going to support a build queue per projectgroup? It's pretty easy
to implement, but that's probably scheduled for 1.2?

Or perhaps a queue per schedule?

Or.... :)

Currently the scheduling is just treated as a hint;  you can easily define schedules
that bite eachother. What's planned for this?

For now I'll just add a field to the Schedule, stating max execution time of a build.

-- Kenney

Re: build timeouts

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 plus I know that we would really like to be able to see the
schedule of builds, I have a placeholder on the group summary page for
Next Scheduled Build :)

nice job kenney

jesse

--