Posted to user@metron.apache.org by Simon Elliston Ball <si...@simonellistonball.com> on 2019/11/12 15:53:35 UTC

Re: CSV parser

You modify the column data in the parser config. I suggest checking the
docs for the csv parser.

On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 at 15:51, Hema malini <nh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I enabled CSV parser and created Kafka topic for CSV. Where i need to
> configure column metadata. Similarly for json parser where i should enable
> the json key ,value. Do i need to modify the parser class and redeploy the
> jar again.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Hema

simon elliston ball
@sireb

Re: CSV parser

Posted by Hema malini <nh...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

Thanks for your reply. Issue got resolved after several restarts. I faced
issues like when it is a new index it is taking time to index the data.
After restarting to nearly five times, suddenly data appeared in the index.

Thanks and Regards,
Hema

Re: CSV parser

Posted by Hema malini <nh...@gmail.com>.
Simon,

Re: CSV parser

Posted by Simon Elliston Ball <si...@simonellistonball.com>.
Perhaps you could post your config? You should have a dictionary in it
called columns which maps column name to index.

Simon

On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 at 16:05, Hema malini <nh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. I uploaded as mentioned in the document.
>
> On Tue, 12 Nov, 2019, 9:31 PM Simon Elliston Ball, <
> simon@simonellistonball.com> wrote:
>
>> Did you upload your configs to zookeeper?
>>
>> On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 at 16:00, Hema malini <nh...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I referred the document - .
>>> https://metron.apache.org/current-book/metron-platform/metron-parsers/index.html..
>>> I modified the file $METRON_HOME/config/zookeeper/parsers/csv.json. i am
>>> getting still column metadata not defined.please let me know what I am
>>> missing in this.

>>> --
>> --
>> simon elliston ball
>> @sireb

simon elliston ball
@sireb

Re: CSV parser

Posted by Hema malini <nh...@gmail.com>.

Re: CSV parser

Posted by Simon Elliston Ball <si...@simonellistonball.com>.
Did you upload your configs to zookeeper?

On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 at 16:00, Hema malini <nh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I referred the document - .
> https://metron.apache.org/current-book/metron-platform/metron-parsers/index.html..
> I modified the file $METRON_HOME/config/zookeeper/parsers/csv.json. i am
> getting still column metadata not defined.please let me know what I am
> missing in this.
>
> On Tue, 12 Nov, 2019, 9:23 PM Simon Elliston Ball, <
> simon@simonellistonball.com> wrote:
>
>> You modify the column data in the parser config. I suggest checking the
>> docs for the csv parser.
>>
>> On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 at 15:51, Hema malini <nh...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I enabled CSV parser and created Kafka topic for CSV. Where i need to
>>> configure column metadata. Similarly for json parser where i should enable
>>> the json key ,value. Do i need to modify the parser class and redeploy the
>>> jar again.
>>>
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Hema
>>>
>> --