Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by massimo_pugni <ma...@alice.it> on 2010/11/16 11:53:52 UTC

Switching between wicket tabs

Hi all,
I'm new on wicket and I'm searching for a solution:
does anyone know if it is possibile to switch between tabs using some kind
of external buttons/links

regards
Massimo

Re: Switching between wicket tabs

Posted by Francois Meillet <fr...@gmail.com>.
use parameters

PageParameters parameters = new PageParameters();
parameters.set("TAB_NUM", 3);
parameters.set("USERNAME_ID", "username);

setResponsePage(YourCLaasContainingTheTabbedPanel.class, pageParameters);

and in your YourCLaasContainingTheTabbedPanel.class
extract the parameters

int tabindex = pageParameters.get("TAB_NUM").toInt();

and set tabbedPanel # setSelectedTab accordingly

François Meillet
Formation Wicket - Développement Wicket

Posted by Alexander Monakhov <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

What's problem with button?
Why do you need tabbed panel's markup id? If button that changes
selected tab is in another panel, you could pass callback to panel's
constructor

Best regards, Alexander.

Re: Switching between wicket tabs

Posted by massimo_pugni <ma...@alice.it>.
Hello again,
I'm trying; after having had some difficulties to map the button out the
tabbedpanel, I'm adding, java side, the submitlink to the tabbedpanel. For
now I've got the opposite problem: how to map the markup (id), from the
tabbedpanel 'cause of the html button definition is in anoher panel?

Posted by massimo_pugni <ma...@alice.it>.
Ciao and many thanks Alexander,
tomorrow I'll try it!

best regards

Posted by massimo_pugni <ma...@alice.it>.
Ciao Igor and Alexander,
I found the way adding the SubmitLink and all the code I need (without the
'RequestCycle' and making it visible when I have to) into my extended
TabbedPanel. Some problem to solve with layout but I'm optimistc.

Thank you very much for help and ciao by Massimo

Re: Switching between wicket tabs

Posted by Alexander Monakhov <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

Thanx for hint, Igor!

Best regards, Alexander.

Re: Switching between wicket tabs

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
RequestCycle.get().setResponsePage( getPage() ); is unnecessary

-igor

Posted by massimo_pugni <ma...@alice.it>.
Well,
I've just implemented a wicket page using wicket tabs, tabbedPanel and so
on; it works fine!
Structure is standard, something like

last></td></table>

What I'd like to do is to have a button/link inside the 'content' div to
switch from tab0 (currently selected) to 'tab4 last', any other content,
without using tab links.
Is this possible?

Thank you Alexander

hope to have been clear
ciao

Posted by Alexander Monakhov <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

Could you please give some details? Or sample?

Best regards, Alexander.