Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/09 17:36:26 UTC

Fwd: [RESULT] JaxMe has now graduated (Fwd: Re: [VOTE] Graduate JaxMe from incubation)

Folks,

There was a VOTE on pmc@incubator and we are VOTE'd to graduate JaxMe. Please go ahead and adjust
the web site and wish you all best of luck :)

thanks,
dims

=====

Re: [RESULT] JaxMe has now graduated (Fwd: Re: [VOTE] Graduate JaxMe from incubation)

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
i'm very reluctant to cut official ASF releases at the moment. (i have
concerns about the possible legal consequences for people cutting
releases when they are have no official legal connection to the ASF.)
the issue (for me) is who is publishing the release: me or the ASF. i'd
probably be willing to execute the mechanics provided that i have prior
approval from the web services pmc.

but there's a bigger problem. the board has recently issued guidelines
that are going to make it very difficult to ship any java distributions
until various issues are resolved. (i can't give you an url for the
thread since it doesn't seem to be on a public list.)

- robert

Re: Fwd: [RESULT] JaxMe has now graduated (Fwd: Re: [VOTE] Graduate JaxMe from incubation)

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@ispsoft.de>.

Posted by Ias <ia...@tmax.co.kr>.
> Folks,
>
> There was a VOTE on pmc@incubator and we are VOTE'd to
> graduate JaxMe. Please go ahead and adjust the web site and
> wish you all best of luck :)

I'm extremely glad to hear the news. Thanks!

I'd also like to express my deep gratitude to Jochen and Robert.

Best Wishes,

Ias